We are in search of an Executive Assistant to provide senior administrative support to the Chief Administrative Officer (C.A.O), Council and senior managers.
Click to download the Executive Assistant job description for the M.D. of Bighorn No.8.
The City of Grande Prairie has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic professional to lead its Legislative Services team. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Manager, Legislative Services provides support, counsel, and oversight to ensure administrative, legislative, legal, and procedural protocol is followed during City Council meetings, public hearings, Standing and Advisory committees, and other ad hoc committees.
The Manager, Legislative Services provides corporate administration services support to the organization, as well as, developing, presenting, and monitoring budgets for Council, Legislative Services and Common Services.
As a subject matter expert, the Manager, Legislative Services has a thorough understanding of the statutory requirements, administrative and procedural functions of a local government.
Click to download the Interim Legislative Services Manager job description for the City of Grande Prairie.
To provide direct administrative support to the CAO and indirect support to the Town Council members as required, and its committees, while managing very confidential material and information.
Executive Assistant will provide support and oversight of the office administration functions including reception, facilities, telephone, and other duties as may be required for successful organizational results.
Click to download the Executive Assistant job description for the Town of Elk Point.
The Director, Legislative and Administrative Services supports and contributes to the overall corporate culture, mission, vision, and values through demonstrating corporate leadership competencies and strategic decision making. Provides leadership to the Legislative and Administrative Services departments for the Town of Cochrane. Reporting to the Executive Director, Corporate Services, this position focuses on building systems and effective interdepartmental service delivery by an engaged team, this role is key in ensuring value for Cochrane residents.
The Director will lead and support strategy, process, and policy development to help drive Legislative and Administrative services. The position does this by working on building systems with internal and external stakeholders and partners to proactively identify and pursue opportunities; building and maintaining senior relationships within government, industry, and stakeholders; and leading collaborative interdepartmental initiatives.
Click to download the Director, Legislative & Administrative Services job description for the Town of Cochrane.
The Town of Peace River is looking for an organized, self-motivated individual to fill the permanent, full time role of Executive Assistant. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the function of this position is to provide high-level administrative support to the CAO and Council.
Click to download the job description for the Executive Assistant to CAO and Council for Peace River.
• Successful completion of a bachelor's degree in public administration, political science or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution
• Ten (10) years' experience in Municipal Government Administration including five (5) years in a leadership capacity
• Certified / Master Municipal Clerk, Local Government Administration Certificate or equivalent
• An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered
• Ability to lead, support and engage a team in developing commitment to goals and ensuring accountability to established objectives
• Extensive knowledge of all functions of the City Clerk Department, and other City departments, Committees and external organizations
• Thorough knowledge of various Acts, Bylaws, Policies, the organization and functions of Municipal Government. Parliamentary procedures and the principles of Administrative Law
• Advanced knowledge and ability to utilize standard business software as a tool for communication, analysis and documentation
• Ability to identify objectives, set priorities, organize and establish procedures, and complete assignments with accuracy
Download the City Clerk job description for the City of Medicine Hat
AMCA Members can post a job opportunity for free!
Non-Members can post job opportunities for $160/posting
Submit a Job
© Alberta Municipal Clerks Association
PO Box 48111 Village Landing PO
St. Albert, AB T8N 5V9
Site by Merge Creative